A baraka year..
December 31, 2010
Posted by on
Reflecting on 365 days is like playing a reel of photos, with emotions in the background substituting for music. 2010 brought a lot of promise, hope, heartfelt emotions, financial anxieties, many new beginnings, and a few bitter endings.
We were blessed with:
- Working closely with the PCRF and realizing through our support that nothing can be more fulfilling than working to provide children and youth a better future.
- Launching zeedna, after two long years of an uphill climb in a downhill market, receiving a warm market welcome, and getting amazing advisers Joi Ito & Razan Kabbani
- Launching bidayat our contribution to the development of the Arab Social Venture landscape.
- Building the online presence of inspiring organizations like Injaz & Buzoor that are changing the face of education in the Arab world.
- Knowing that our contributions to the Qatar 2022 made a difference, and has the impact to change the social landscape of the region over the next 12 years.
- Sharing our thoughts with audiences through Open Diversity, YAL, DSG, NYU Abu Dhabi, Khalifa Fund, Arabnet, Ashoka Arab World, Dubai University and many others throughout the year.
- We met like-minded people from Jeddah, Beirut, Damascus, and many other places throughout the Arab world and the US.
In the new year, we wish for:
- prosperity in bringing technologies and good business to life
- freedom from anxiety, financial burdens, insincerity, time-wasting endeavors
- less bureaucracy, less time spent at airports, banks and government agencies
- more time spent with loved ones, inspiring colleagues, friends and nature
Most of all, we wish for time to reflect on how to live wisely and purposefully and extend our gratitude to everyone who supported us and stood by us in 2010.